Sacred Characters by RssDragon

RssDragon

first of all, I place here my sincerely thanks to gogo who pulled my ears all the way from the Sacred forum to here.

:devil:

Well, Battle mage was the very first character I played in game. So, I started with this one.

here comes the battle mage!

:evil:

Nooo! Not that one the next one below... :twitch:

Battle Mage

Sacred.jpg

A little color in an attempt to bring the drawing to life.

:)

I used very simple colors as I didn't want to take too long on it. Anyway, that was what I got...

Battle%20Color.jpg

Edited by RssDragon
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my Gladiator, but this one has already bought him a horse. I always used a horse to get around very long distances within the game.

Well, for this drawing I used:

Pencil 2b and a little bit 5b in an A4 size paper.

Again! :evil: Not the one above... It is the one below... :twitch:

Gladiator2.jpg

Now, see the colored version of it. You will noticed that I worked on this one more than I did in the battle mage.

The reason is that the Gladiator was the character I most used in game. So, he will be always my favorite character.

Also, I always had a horse when going through long distances, but what I really enjoyed was to collect fancy armors

when playing the game. this drawing reminds me of lots of very good times I had in game.

Gladiator%20Color.jpg

I'll be posting other Sacred Characters as soon as I can, but I always take a lonnnnnnnnng time to get my drawings done. :)

Edited by RssDragon

Wow, just stunning Rss. I am truly in awe. that is spectacular and if you are not very very proud then you really really should be. :devil:

Can you tell us a bit about the colouring process? I'm very curious to know if it was difficult for you to choose the colours you did and also what tools you used to colour with.

Thank you dear freinds for all the nice comments. I really appreciate every word from you guys.

Well, I used Photoshop to get this drawing colored.... What a wonderful thing photoshop is, I just love it and I strongly recommend it as well. This photo editing program is a must have for anyone who wants to color using the computer.

Well, As for the Drawing I used a Pencil 2b and a little bit of 5b in an A4 sized paper, Then scanned it into my computer.

The problem here is that I need to forget the computer and dedicate myself for the drawings. However, every time I get a drawing done I forget myself in my computer trying to color it. So it takes a life time for me to get from one drawing to another. :devil:

Brilliant RSS

Musculature, and proportions pleasing to the eye ( I know proportions are apparently hard to do...but it seems like you're got it down...color...well color is simply outstanding. Heh, I can see why you want to get the drawings to the comp ASAP..you must have a field day picking and choosing ^^

Soon as I get back from work, I'll add it to SacredWiki Fan Art, or...if you want you can try adding them yourself. But no worries if you can't, by the end of the day we'll have 'em in there pronto.

Thank you for the work here!

gogo

Excellent work.......you are very talented RssDragon. :devil:

I would however like to add some constructive critism. :twitch:

I found the coloured picture of the Gladdy with his horse too "busy"

It was hard for me to make out where the Gladiator ended and the horse began.

Perhaps a stronger contrast between the colour of the horse's fur and the Glads skin would have helped?

But hey......I'm no art critic :evil:

stubbs

I found the coloured picture of the Gladdy with his horse too "busy"

It was hard for me to make out where the Gladiator ended and the horse began.

Good point, Stubbie.

Welcome to FDM, RSS :P

As I've said on CIF before, you need to train drawing proportions a bit, still there's some mistakes and well, it just came to my mind, this horse's neck look like it's broken or something like that. Also I really don't like using photoshop to modify something you drew by your own hand, it rather makes art a bit shallow, I mean, if you started drawing with your hand you rather shouldn't correct it by machine. Yes, I am weird.

But still your pictures (I won't use word "drawings") are nice :P

I've always loved expressions. I usually center on them for a while before drawing my eye further away to take it all in. The expression on the monster's face is incredible. heh, almost a sort of Pathos going on... don't even know if I'd want to kill it :)

Again, thanks Rss

;)

gogo

Here is my Gladiator, but this one has already bought him a horse. I always used a horse to get around very long distances within the game.

Well, for this drawing I used:

Pencil 2b and a little bit 5b in an A4 size paper.

Again! :oooo: Not the one above... It is the one below... ;)

Gladiator2.jpg

Now, see the colored version of it. You will noticed that I worked on this one more than I did in the battle mage.

The reason is that the Gladiator was the character I most used in game. So, he will be always my favorite character.

Also, I always had a horse when going through long distances, but what I really enjoyed was to collect fancy armors

when playing the game. this drawing reminds me of lots of very good times I had in game.

Gladiator%20Color.jpg

I'll be posting other Sacred Characters as soon as I can, but I always take a lonnnnnnnnng time to get my drawings done. :(

You colored that? Just wow!! Thats freaking awsome!!

Soon as I get back from work, I'll add it to SacredWiki Fan Art, or...if you want you can try adding them yourself. But no worries if you can't, by the end of the day we'll have 'em in there pronto.

Dear Gogo,

I added My latest picture to the Sacred Wiki... I think I did not mess anything out, but you can go and check it out just to make sure.

All the best

Rss

Dear Gogo,

I added My latest picture to the Sacred Wiki... I think I did not mess anything out, but you can go and check it out just to make sure.

All the best

Rss

how do you add it on the wiki site? I dont know how to do mine

how do you add it on the wiki site? I dont know how to do mine

First of all you will have to make a copy of the Original picture you want to place there. You then size it to thumbnail size. The one I did for you as can be seen below has 275X200. But you can resize your drawings in the way you think it is going to look better. Once you have donel your little thumbnails and they are well hosted at your file storage place that you use to store your original size drawings, you are ready to go.

All you have to do now is to go to Sacred Wiki, log in using your user name and the same password you use to log in Darkmatters.

Once you are there, I have added one of your drawings Already (the one I like the most). So, all you have to do is to edit where your name is displayed at the little blue word edit. You will see the following code below, but the thumbnail you see here will be also displayed as a code there.

You can then replay my links for your links. Being that the first link is the Original size picture and the second link is the smalled size picture.

To check if you did it right, just click at the "Show preview" and you will see a preview of what you have just done. If anithining is wrong you just correct it at the code section and press "Show preview". You can do that till you get it right.

To add a new drawing, Just copy the part that is show below as thumbnail (Don't copy your name and the other codes, copy only the codes for the links) and past them below the one you already have posted there. For adding the name just do as the examples below.

Everything you do will be only between the last word..... "top" and the sign......... l} the rest remain unchanged.

Any doughts you can ask here or you send a Pm to Gogo (he is one of the big brains here) and ask him how to do. Ok, I wish you luck and hope that you get it right. :Just_Cuz_12:

Of course, you can always ask to Gogo if there is an easier to do it. It is better than trying to figure it out on your own like I did. It is terrible!

== ''' Nervusbreakdown ''' ==

<div class="plainlinks">

{|valign="top" width="100%" padding="10px" style="font-size:1em;font-weight:bold;"

|-valign="top"

|Dryad and the Seraphim

sacred2girls%20Small.jpg

|}

</div>

Edited by RssDragon

heh, love what the armor doesn't show ^^

And nice touch with the bats. More great work in your portfolio!

:tongue:

gogo

p.s. interesting mouth... were you thinking whether or not to show the fangs?

I got a bit confused about the fangs... In the game she can shifit from the human form to the vampire form. Quite hard for me to show that difference. So, I just added the fangs just to enhance the fact that she is a vamp. It does not look so much cool, but I decided to leave that way.

Hubba Hubba. That's one heck of a vamp Rss. Whew! Is it hot in here? Haha. Very nice proportions Rss and the shine on the armor is quite nice. I like the "shining" work a lot. :)

Pretty good. Nice shadings, proportions, nice idea... :D

but ofc I have to find mistakes (yea, im lil mean nasty beasty)... hands (or hand, cant see the second one :) ), though it's not so big problem at all, not so big as the second one.

I'm trying very hard but I cant find any presonal feelings in this drawing. that makes me a little bit confused, cause I saw drawing which were drawn worse, but still they had that "thing", you could find a lot of very personal messages in it. that's what I'm missing here.

Very interesting. And that's EXACTLY what I thought was happening. The fangs are a menacing part of beautiful vampires. It's rare we see them sticking out in most movies and pictures...unless the grotesque is being focused on. Leaving them out of the picture makes the pic more appealing in a "wholesome" sort of way...but takes away from who she is... a gory, vicious, blood-sucking vampire!

gogo

Important Please read.

Dear friends, I'll be away for a while. But, don't worry for everything is fine with me. I'll be back as soon as I can. Love you all... Rss.

I got a bit confused about the fangs... In the game she can shifit from the human form to the vampire form. Quite hard for me to show that difference. So, I just added the fangs just to enhance the fact that she is a vamp. It does not look so much cool, but I decided to leave that way.

oh man thats the one thing I alway have trouble drawing "the Ladies", Im going to put one up tonight